There And Back Again: A Hobbit's Blog

Or - "Lord of the Blogs" Or - "Wow, That's Original"

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tomorrow is Friday, How Brilliant!

Rather happy, wanting chocolate. Listening to My Chemical Romance.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. I’m tired. I want a weekend. Oooo, Live 8! I like all these musical festivities. Glastonbury last week, Wireless this week and Live 8 this weekend! Hoorah! I wish the Kaiser Cheifs were playing in the UK, though. Not that I’m becoming obsessed or anything. Heh heh.

Keane are playing in England. They also played at Glastonbury and they headlined Wireless. I really wish I could have been there but it’s such a long way from Hobbiton. We don’t have any music festivals round here. Boo!

I’d like to perform at Glastonbury one day. Despite my phobia of mud. I hate it. I really do. It’s the thought of drowning in it. I can cope with it all over my shoes and such what, but I can’t cope with the thought of drowning it in. But that’s just me.

I’d love to do the Pyramid stage. Headlining it would be magnificent, but just playing on it would be absolutely incredible. Even if it was just one song. What song of mine would I choose though? I’m on my second song-book now. I got it for my birthday, my new book. It’s cute and tiny. It’s blue. I used to have a pink one which I got for my birthday last year. It now lives on my shelf by my bookcase.

My writing has definitely progressed since last August when I wrote my first song. That was just a rip-off of The Verve. One day I’ll go back to that song with an original tune. One day. Not yet. I don’t feel ready to tackle that task yet.

I can play some more songs on my gee-tar (Oojah) now. I got a new book on Sunday with some excellent songs in it. I can play Hey Jude and some Dylan, too. How cool am I?

I can play My Chemical Romance too. Helena. Good song that.

But going back to my own writing, I can actually write an original tune now. Thank goodness. This is a big deal! Who said that there is only about three original tunes in the world? Well, they were telling the truth! Was it Lennon? No. I always think it’s Lennon. But it’s not. Ignore me.

I performed in a small concert for my classmates the other day. I did Somewhere Only We Know on the keyboard. The keyboard was the first instrument I learnt see. I have one called Barnaby. Barnaby was my first ever proper musical instrument, and I still have him to this day. Even if he breaks down/all the keys fall off/he explodes, I won’t ever chuck him out for the bin men. He’s Barnaby!

And then there is Oojah, my guitar. A strange name, yes, but I bought him from a shop next to a peculiar store called ‘Oojah’s Wonderland’, and I thought it was a cool name. I got him on a Saturday, because The X Factor was on in the evening. Ooo, the things I remember.

Then, last but not least, there is Maxwell and Martha. They are a pair of harmonicas. They are brother and sister (Martha’s the youngest). Maxwell is silver and Martha is blue. I got Maxwell for Christmas and I got Martha in a shop with a book of harmonica songs. Although my harmonica playing is sometimes a little painful to hear, I think I’m getting somewhere now!


Is it weird that I name all my instruments? No. Of course not. Hee hee!

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Mike Da Hat said...

I have a Mandolin that we in the band call Baby. Del has a bass guitar called Lara (after Lara Croft)My Ovation is called "My Precioussssssss"
Keep writing those songs. And above all keep practicing... you never know one day....pyramid stage an all that. I am content to play in Pubs.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Molyan said...

Cool names! Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck with your band!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home