There And Back Again: A Hobbit's Blog

Or - "Lord of the Blogs" Or - "Wow, That's Original"

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I Don’t Like Pi. I Don’t Like Pie, Either.

Currently rather happy, yet desperately wanting chocolate. Listening to new White Stripes album.

What is the point of Pi? It’s so… odd. There is no other way to describe it. It is just a random number. I know, I’ll look it up in the dictionary:

The symbol of the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. The value of pi is approximately 3.14159. The name of the sixteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.

Thank you, Oxford. Now everything makes so much more sense. Actually, it doesn’t. Why is Pi called Pi? Why not pastry?

Oh no, now I’m hungry again.


Oooh, check out this: http://www.3point14159.info/

4 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Gary Northfield said...

I love pi because there's no discernable pattern, no matter how far you go. But that's just me, I'm easily pleased.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Molyan said...

You're easily pleased? I got really excited when I saw a pigeon yesterday.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Fat Tony said...

Of course you got excited when you saw a pigeon. Despite getting a Bad Press, we're all Top Blokes really.
is the new White Stripes album any good?

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Molyan said...

It is absolutely brilliant. Wahey!

Go out and buy it now!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home